Friday, July 9, 2010

How I Start my Mornings




I love my green smoothies as they really perk me up. I have been drinking fruit or green smoothies daily to keep me energised and my skin in good shape since last year. Together with a diet heavy on fresh vegetables and fruits I kept my skin allergies away, gone are the days when I pop pills to keep my hives at bay.

What is a green smoothie? Is it raw? Does it taste as bad as it sounds? Green smoothies are made from blending leafy vegetables like spinach, lettuces or any other local vegetables with fruits. Fruits are used to remove the grass taste from the drink. They are extremely nutritious as they are full of live enzymes, vitamins and minerals.

It is tasty and easy to make.

Xiao Bai Cai (Bok Choy) Green Smoothie
Makes 2 glasses

5 bunches of xiao bai cai (Bok Choy), trim off stalks and use the leaves
1 tbsp parsley leaves
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1.5 cup of water

Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender and volia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...