Monday, March 21, 2011

Life in Topsy Turvy

Moping around at home. I couldn't decide whether I should head for the inversions class at 9pm. Or Topsy-Turvy as the teacher calls it. Still in time to book the class. Recently, joined a new yoga studio, the studio has very good teachers but it comes with the groupies.

What do I mean by groupies?

If you have been to any exercise classes and with keen observation skills, you are bound to notice a select group of folks who talk incessantly at the top of their voice. Be it in the waiting area before the class starts, or at a much louder volume in the locker room. Frankly, I can't stand people harping on every golden word the teacher utters or anyone who talks about their daily stories loudly in the locker room.

Or am I the odd one out? I exercise alone most of the time, a habit since the school days. I don't chat while exercising. Pardon me, if I seems hostile when I go exercising with you, it's not that I don't like your company but I like the silence.

Yup, I don't need to go to the girl's room in pairs nor do I have any problems eating alone. I was perturbed when I saw on RazorTV sometime back about undergrads who rather not be seen dining or anywhere alone. I guessed there are many who are not comfortable with themselves.

... I should head for the mind clearing inversion class. Moreover, it's inversions, something I really suck at. If I keep at it, I will improve. Groupie or no groupie. Thank God, the teacher does not condoned any chatting during class.

Chatterboxes are strictly not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...