Friday, March 25, 2011

Update on my plants




This is how the balcony garden looks like now. I moved the two indoor trees to the balcony to line the wall next to the two murrayas. The giant palm was also moved to the middle of the balcony so that I can close the balcony's folding doors. Yup, before, if I want to have air-conditioning switched on in the living room, I have to move the plants out of the way. Too strenuous, which means the air-conditioning is seldom switched on. I need a bigger balcony!

My periwinkles, lantana and hibiscus are no longer blooming as the amount of sunlight they are getting is greatly reduced after I moved the bigger plants to the balcony. The little available place where there is sunlight is reserved for the rosemarys and thai basil.





R's fish pond in the balcony with his lonely gigantic fat fish. I use the water from the container to water my plants once a week. Fish's poo poo water is quite nutritious.



The lipstick plant came back to life and bloomed. Looks like when I am at lost on what to do with a plant that was on the verge of death for the past 6 months, the best solution and care is to ignore it. Volia, it bloomed. The sunbirds came and were very happy.




The lipstick plant with the rest of the hanging plants on the rather bare wall. The wall planting project is not going too well. Planting is just not lush.





The aloe vera and the lonely periwinkle that I grew from seed. Can't decide whether I should get rid of the sideways growing aloe vera. Frankly, I think it's quite ugly.




The cute little dog planters next to the balcony together with the three other bigger indoor plants.




The rosemarys with the frangipani. They are not growing any taller as I kept trimming them. Ate them. : )



The murraya's buds 2 days ago before they bloomed. They seems to like the neem oil fertilizer.




The blooms today. Fragrant night air while watching TV and updating the blog. Fruitful and also not so fruitful few months on my plants. The birds like the bigger plants out in the balcony. They visit very often. It was just weird to see the sunbird next to the bookshelves in the living room. They should perch on the shrubs, not on my bookshelves.

Umm, my neighbours upstairs have much denser planted balcony than mine. How do I know if never been to their place? Ha, I compared from the ground floor. I was actually looking for my balcony but I spotted theirs first. More greenery... sadly we seems to be the only two families growing plants at our balconies.

Grow plants, grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...