Monday, September 13, 2010

H.om Yoga, a boutique Hot Yoga Studio at Circular Rd

$20 hot yoga unlimited for 7 days for newcomers only.

Tried out this new Boutique Yoga studio, H.om Yoga at Circular Road. Did 5 days of yoga with them to take advantage of the deal from Timeout ($15 for 7 days unlimited). My last Hot Yoga session (not saying where it was) was not a pleasant one as the teacher was too chatty and irrelevant that he actually irritated me. But H.om Yoga left me with a good impression. They branded themselves well, nice typography and interiors.

H.om Yoga
Quality of teachers: Good. Instructions were clear. Amanda did simple adjustments/corrections for the students.
Class size: Averaging around 5 but I went during off peak hours hours. The 2 studios can contain 16 – 20 students respectively. A comfortable mirrored studio.
Cost: Ok. Check their website. 10 class card for $280, 280 monthly.
Staff: Very friendly
Mats provided: Yes. No, they don't smell.
Towels: Yes.
Lockers: Yes.
Water provided: Yes.
Shower room cleanliness: Very good
Booking system: Good. Online or phone booking.
Fellow students: No giggly, whiny or talkative students in the class. Serious yoginis. Thank God.
Transport link: Near MRT stations, Raffles Place and Clarke Quay.

I have been practising yoga for sometime, I can't say I have been a diligent student but I have to thank teachers who have taught me (Asokan, Kym and Gwen) for their patience with me. Steadily, I have improved over the years. I have been looking for the perfect studio. What is high on my want list for the perfect studio is, the quality of the teachers, style of yoga, class size, practising with like-minded classmates, aircon/ cool air and a good transport link.

Am I a convert to Hot Yoga? I love the way my muscles are able to stretch further during each practice. I perspired loads but really, I can't stand the heat. I am still undecided about whether Hot Yoga is really beneficial to my health. Different yoga teachers gave different opinions. I am thinking it is too heaty for my body system.

Will I sign up for their classes? Mmm, let me finish my package at my current yoga studio first. The search for the perfect yoga studio goes on.

H.om Yoga is located at 3 Canton Street. Tel: 6438 0103

99% practice – 1% theory
K.Pattabhi Jois

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...